Saturday, April 25, 2009

Zoo & First Swim

Yesterday after Jason finished classes we all went to the zoo. The Abilene Zoo recently opened a new wetlands exhibit that "Shelby" wanted to see.

Shelby sportin' her new sun hat.

It was a beautiful sunny day. The wind was blowing hard.

People were feeding the giraffe crackers. So he kept sticking his extremely long tongue up on the path. Kinda gross.

He was checking Shelby out!


Watching the gator at the new wetlands exhibit.

Doing what gators do.

"Hello Mr. Bear. No, we don't have anything to feed you. No, you can't eat the baby or nibble on her leg."


Then after Jason left for work I took Shelby for her first swim! She was all set with her Disney Princess swimsuit and was ready to dive in...well, not literally dive!


So I picked her up and got down into the shallow end of the pool. It was a hot day but the water was still pretty cool.
I started by putting her feet in the water. I don't think she knew what to think. She just kinda kicked around and then started to cry. I just kept holding her over my shoulder and bouncing her up and down in the water. I didn't think she would like it all that much the first time. I just wanted to get her used to being in the water. I'm hoping that if I keep it up then later in the Summer she will learn to like playing in the water.
I went to Wal-Mart and looked for a pool toy that I could sit her in, but all the toys were made for babies over 1 yr. old.
When we got out of the water I put her in her stroller and she fell asleep so I took advantage of the baby nap time and tanned! When I got back I realized that I had overdone it a little...I'm RED! I love to lay out; it's so relaxing and the hot sun on my skin feels wonderful.
When we got back from the pool we rested for a while. Then I did the laundry and cleaned the house.

Okay I know this is becoming a very long post but I have to show you how I carried Shelby to the laundry room.

What a great day!

1 comment:

  1. shelby is toooo cute!! love the photo's! and she makes laundry look so sweet!
    hugs,
    shelley :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.