I was searching for some new breakfast recipes on the internet and found this one. It's so easy and good too! My favorite part is how well it holds together. When you have no time in the morning just cut yourself a slice and pop it in the toaster oven or the microwave until warm. Then wrap in a paper towel and it makes the perfect on the go breakfast. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as Jason and I do.
Here's What You Need:
1 can Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations
Scrambled eggs (I use 4 eggs + milk + salt and pepper to taste)
4-5 strips bacon (Any other breakfast meat would work great too!)
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (I love cheese and use more.)
Optional: Hot sauce
Now that you have what you need let's get cookin'!
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2)Scramble the eggs. Since they will cook some more in the oven, under cook them.
3)Next cook the bacon strips and set aside to cool.
4)Now grab the crescent dough. Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface and use a rolling pin to roll to about 10in x 12in.
5) Lay the eggs down in the center of the dough. Be sure to leave room on both sides and the ends as pictured.
6) Top with bacon (or other breakfast meat), cheese, and as much or as little hot sauce as your taste buds desire.
7) Use a pizza cutter to cut slits as shown in the picture above.
8) Fold both ends over. See picture below.
9) Start on one end of the roll and bring the side pieces in and overlap them. Alternate one from the right and then one from the left. Now keep that up until you reach the end of the roll.
10) This is also optional but I highly suggest that you brush an egg wash on top of the loaf before you bake it. To create my egg wash I whisk one egg and some water together. It makes your loaf shiny on top and helps it to brown nicely. Below is what it looks like after the egg wash was brushed on. I didn't have a pastry brush so I used my fingers! Shhhh, no one will ever know. ;)
11) Place the bread on a cookie sheet. I used a spatula to help get it onto the pan.
12) Put into a 375 degree oven until golden brown. Mine took about 12 minutes.
13) After removing from the oven let it cool for about five minutes before you dig in.
14) Slice on the diagonal, grab a class of orange juice [Add a little vodka if you are facing a stressful day! :)] and enjoy!