Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Yup, I'm a Hillbilly Housewife.

Tonight when I was getting Shelby dressed for bed I sneezed out of the blue and was caught off guard when my cranky, tired baby laughed! So I fake sneezed and she laughed again! I probably sneezed like 20 times just to watch her face light up and hear her giggle. It's so funny to see the things that make her laugh and to discover new things. I had been trying to make her laugh earlier today and all I could get was a smile...what do ya know?! :D

On a different note I feel like today has been crazy. I have been on my feet all day preparing food ahead of time. I enjoy Susanne's site the Hillbilly Housewife and love to read up an all her $$$ saving tips. In lue of the fact I am trying to be thrifty in the kitchen I wanted to try her $70 Low Cost Menu this week. So today I prepared 2 loaves of homemade bread (1 for this week and 1 to freeze for later), a batch of 15 Tender Cornmeal Muffins (a few for this week and the rest frozen), and Blondies which are a yummy treat (Half were frozen for a later time which will also ensure that I don't eat the whole batch this week! ;) That's not to mention the Rock Botton Salmon Patties and rice for lunch or the coleslaw, and Boston Baked Beans with chopped hot dogs I made for dinner! WHEW! I have been a busy bee. By the way, my total at the grocery store was $64.33 so it was under $70 and I even found that a few of the items at my grocery store costs more that she had anticipated. Also, much of the food I bought will carry over to next week. What a deal! She also has a $45 Emergency Menu if you need it.
Well as Porky Pig would say, "Th th th th th th th that's all folks!" Ta ta for now. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.