Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday

hhm

Before you say it. Yes, I know it's not Monday! :)

They weather in my neck of the woods:
WAY TOO HOT!

One of my simple pleasures:
Reading through my Woman's Day magazines...especially the cleaning tips.

On my beside table:
A vanilla candle, this years Valentine's card from my hubby, 2 books, and lotion.

On my TV:
Nothing today

On the menu for tonight:
A can of soup (This is my attempt at a diet.)

On my To Do List:
Put away the laundry
Clean the tubs
Vacuum

New recipe I tried last week:
Salmon Cakes http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/melissa-darabian/salmon-cakes-recipe/index.html

In the craft basket:
Some material to make my mom napkins. But they aren't even started yet.

Looking forward to:
A relaxing Labor Day weekend with family.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
When you are given a beautiful flower arrangement but then the flowers start to droop. Don't be sad! They have plenty of beauty let to give! Just use a cloths pin to hang them upside down and allow them to dry. Now arrange them in a vase continue to enjoy them!
Remember the beautiful roses Mr. Syfrett gave me? Well check them out now!



Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Dooce's Roman Calvary choirs are singing

Favorite photo from last week:
Or 2! ;)



Lessons learned the past few days:
I don't want to be negative so I will just leave this one blank.

On my prayer list:
Jason's job search and my sanity

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies. The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain." - Proverbs 31:10-11 (NKJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.