Monday, September 14, 2009

Happy Homemaker Moday

hhm

To read or participate in Happy Homemaker Monday head over to Sandra's wonderful blog Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

They weather in my neck of the woods: Very wet! Praise God for the rain; we needed it!

One of my simple pleasures: Blogging in the early morning when I can't sleep and the house is quiet.

On my beside table: My phone charger, a stack of Shelby's clothing needing to be put away, chapstick, and The Organic God devotional book by Margaret Feinberg (It is the book for a new study that I am a part of. We meet for the first time tomorrow. Can't Wait!)

On my TV: It has not been on today. Wait, well...Shelby watched Caillou this morning.

On the menu for tonight: Pan seared pork loin, mashed potatoes, and green beans.

On my To Do List: Put away the laundry. (It seems like this is always on my list.) Read over my devotional before we meet tomorrow. Clean the master bathroom.

New recipe I tried last week: Pumpkin Bread - My mom does have an excellent recipe but I didn't have it written down so I just got one of Food Network dot com.

In the craft basket: The same ol' material to make my mom napkins. But they aren't even started yet and I have no plans to start them any time soon. I'm not very crafty. :(

Looking forward to: MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) this year. I hope to make some wonderful mommy friends! I love my blogging mommy friends but sadly you guys just aren't close enough for play dates and girl nights. :(

Homemaking Tip for this week: Are you short of cabinet space like myself? Do you have a beautiful set of coffee mugs that you think should be just as much part of your kitchen decor as anything else? (Ok, this is sounding a bit like an infomercial. :D) If so, you might want to consider hanging them. You can use plain white hooks (which is what I did) or paint them any color you want. You could even get really creative and glue a beautiful bead to the end of the hook!

Due to the shortage of space in my apartment kitchen I decided to hang them. I have found that not only do I really like how they look but they are so much more accessible. Now in the morning I don't have to dig through a crowded cabinet I just snatch one off the hook for my morning coffee. I hung them below the cabinets right over my coffee maker.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other): I loved Amanda's newest post about the Montessori philosophy. She just began Montessori Monday's and I can't wait to read what is to come. Her first post of this new blog feature is just a taste of the knowledge she has to offer on this topic. Amanda's blog features some amazing pictures and interesting stories. She is also a self proclaimed wedding crasher but NOT the Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn type....SEE HERE! She has a wonderful sense of style which shows when she posts pictures of her beautiful home. So check her blog out - My Nashville Nest.

Favorite photo from last week:



Lessons learned the past few days:To stay on budget Jason and I need to eat more PB&J :)

On my prayer list: Jason's job search.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:17-19 (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! You just made me SOOOOO happy! I can't even tell you how honored I feel to read your kind words! You made my day! Thank you Nicole!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.