Friday, May 8, 2009

A Date with Dave

Thursday the 7th a wonderful family friend, Kim, and her daughter, Jade, came for a visit.
We had the best time visiting and catching up. She was so sweet and brought me a baby gift. Kim gave me some Dr. Seuss books to read to Shelby, a beautiful pink, girly photo album that I am dying to fill with pictures of my baby girl, and some fajita seasoning (inside joke).


Then in the evening Shelby and I had a date with Dave...Dave Ramsey that is.
My Dad teaches the class at church. My Mom, brother, Ben, and sister Allison, attend the class. My youngest brother, Dan, however managed to weasel his way out of having to.

My Dad is so knowledgeable when it comes to finances; if I ever have a question about insurance, investing, or anything money related I ask him.
The class was very interesting and at times went over my head but I was glad to have gone and took a lot away from it. I only wish I could go every week.
(Note to self: I need to find out if one is going on in Abilene.)

Dad teaching away.

The curriculum.

My friend Jaime showing off her book.

Part of the class.

My bro, Ben, paying very close attention to every word spoken. Yea right! lol

There was a nursery available during the class and I left Shelby in it. :( It was the 2nd time that she had ever been watched my someone other than family. At first, I was hesitant to leave her and then it was liberating. I was 12lbs lighter! The nursery worker, Stella, that watched her was the same lady that used to watch me in the church nursery when I was a baby. I wish I had gotten a picture of Stella holding Shelby! She was so content in Stella's arms.

A Thoroughly Terrific Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. My Family Finances class watched Dave Ramsey videos almost every week. You might look into that if you need to take any electives for college. Or you may be able to just audit the class or something. I don't know if it is offered every semester or what. It's FAM 432. I know the professor's email if you would like to contact him for any information or anything.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.