Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day






I have never been a big fan of Valentine’s Day. It’s hard to decide what to do, how big to go, and what do you say on the darn card! This year it was nothing like that. Jason and I had a wonderful evening. When you love someone the way that we love each other it just does not matter what material things you receive. I had decided to plan a nice dinner to surprise him with. I wanted to do something elegant and try some new recipes. So I got online and found some yummy new recipes. I finally decided on the following menu.
Steak Pinwheels with Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffing
Hasselback Potatoes
Cheddar Bay Biscuits *like Red Lobster's
New York Style Chocolate Cheesecake
We rented Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day. Jason let me get a romance movie for the occasion and it helped that he likes Amy Adams. After the movie I had one more surprise in store…chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne! Shelby was a perfect angel the entire evening and even let us put her in her swing while we enjoyed dinner.
We did decide to each give each other a small gift. I gave Jason a beautiful picture frame. I will put a picture of the two of us in it for him to keep on his bench at work. Jason surprised me with a 2-gallon fish tank! I have wanted one for the longest time. Tomorrow he is taking me to pick out my fish; I feel like a big kid because I am so excited. I know that Shelby will love to watch the fish swim around. I will post pictures of the tank when I get my fishys!!
All in all…a wonderful Valentine’s Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.