Monday, April 2, 2012

Cuss Word

Shelby has officially said her first bad word! That word is...."stupid".

The first time Jason and I heard her say it we stopped talking and looked at each other inquisitively for a moment. Then proclaimed, "Did she just say what I think she did?" Sure enough she was saying it in the correct context (______ is stupid) and she was clear so I guess she did say it. Oh, Shelby!
Now I hear her say it a few times a day. I have to stop, ask her what she's talking about and why doesn't she like it. Then I tell her that she's not talking nicely.

We've officially hit what I'm calling the "Parrot Phrase". She has just recently started repeating EVERY word we say. Her enunciation isn't quite there yet but we know what she's saying alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.