Friday, October 16, 2009

A not so cool two-tone paint job

Today I was noticing my unpainted, unpolished, and un-cute nails. I used to paint my nails ALL THE TIME. I would never go anywhere without my toes painted. Well, a few months ago I removed my chipped polish and never reapplied it. So today I decided to break this pattern. I painted my toe nails a pretty french tip and then it was on to my hands.

Shelby had been napping and I knew she'd wake soon but Jason was home and I knew that if my nails were wet he could take care of her for a while. Well, that was not exactly the case. She pooped!!! I deal with poopy diapers ALL THE TIME, but Jason...not so much. He does pee but not poo. So with wet nails I stood next to the changing table and chuckled. By the time he finished...well, I won't go there.

After that fiasco I returned to the living room to put the second coat of polish on. By this time Shelby was well rested and roaming everywhere. She kept grabbing my nail polish, my cotton balls, and my clippers. After taking all of it away I was a little distracted. I just wanted to hurry up and finish.

Finally they were done. And of course I ended up nicking and scuffing them all up because I didn't have the patience to wait for them to dry all the way before I started straightening the house.

A few minutes ago I looked down and realized that I put a totally different polish color on as the second coat. So now I have maroon nails with hot pink peeking through! Nice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.